KEPLER'S DECADENT GRILLED CHEESE
- Sourdough bread
- Garlic butter mixture of garlic, parmesean, and basil
- Equal parts of cheese: Gruyère, Harvati, Butterkäse
- Cayenne powder or Tony Chachere's
- Any meats or other additions that you may prefer in your grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Prepare your ingredients. Shred your cheeses, soften your butter, and you can butter all of your bread ahead of time.
- Combine your cheese mixture and spice choice by throwing/mixing.
- Begin warming a skillet on low heat.
- Put one piece of sourdough on the skillet, butter side down. Pile on your shredded cheese, quantified as YOU want, and cover your skillet.
- Keep heat on low/medium-low to let the cheese melt, without burning the butter or bread. Check as necessary, and after 5-10 minutes, your cheese should be melted.
- Remove the skillet cover, put the other slice of bread on it (buttered side up) and flip.
- Turn the heat up to medium/medium-high to get a faster toast on the second side, since you are no longer waiting for the cheese to melt. If the first side was not toasted enough by the time you flipped it, turn it back over to toast it as much as you want, after the second side is done cooking.
- Once complete, turn off the burner and remove your sandwich from the skillet.